Featured | Contract Growing
Contract growing is the process of custom ordering plants in advance. We plant, nurture, and grow those plants for you. Various crops can be requested including annual plants, custom hanging baskets, vegetable starts, and much more!
As a facility dedicated to growing local crops even in the cold of winter, we deal with a very high volume of quality plants. We understand that it can be tough to find enough quality plants for large projects. That is why at Gemmell’s we provide the service of planning, growing, and delivering high quality plants for even your biggest projects. Contract growing allows us to start planning and growing early so that you don’t have to worry about it all last minute!
Contract growing requires a sufficient volume of plants, knowledge of the required crop (we can help with this!), a target delivery date, and a sufficient period of time for us to be able to produce top-quality plants. Typically contract growing requires six to eight months of pre-planning.
All we need from you are 3 things to custom-grow your crops:
- Variety selection: Choose your varieties & colour schemes. We can always assist in helping you make the best plant choices for a successful growing year
- Target week. Let us know when you need your plants for installation so we can time the growing period properly.
- Quantities: Select how many of each variety you need for your event/project.
Once all these factors are established, we create a custom quote and price each project independently depending on all the factors.
Some examples of our past contract growing projects are:
- Hanging baskets, planters and annuals for townships like Smiths Falls, Athens, Brockville
- Private residence plants for landscape gardeners' clients
- Private residence plants for homeowners with large properties
- Hanging baskets for third-party auctions
- Annuals & hanging baskets for the U.S. Embassy