Request a Donation from Gemmell's Garden Centre
Gemmell's Garden Centre prides itself on its strong connection to our community and we try to give generously to charitable events and non-profit organizations as often as we can.
As our way of giving back some of the love that our community has shown to us, we are proud to support charitable organizations in our local community through in-kind donations of gift cards. To apply for a donation, please review our donation guidelines below, fill out the form at the bottom of this page, and then submit it for review.
- Due to the large number of requests we receive, we kindly ask that all requests are submitted online through our application form below - we are unable to accept requests via direct email, in person requests, or standard mail.
- To be considered, the application* must be completely filled out at least 4 weeks prior to the date required.
- Regretfully, we can only guarantee a response to successful requests for support.
- If approved, you will receive a reply within 7 business days and an in-kind donation of a gift card that can be used for any product at Gemmell's Garden Centre. Cash donations will not be given.
Organizations We Support
- 70% of donations are allocated for garden and community-related organizations.
- 20% to educational organizations and groups that support children.
- The remaining goes to other groups.
There are many worthwhile community causes and we try to support as many of them as possible however, as we receive a high volume of requests for donations each year please know that if we are unable to support your event at this time, it does not mean that we won't support another one of your fundraising events in the future. While we would like to be able to support every request we receive, as a small business we have a fixed budget for donations.
- Our average donation is $25 which allows us to help more organizations.
- Donations must be picked up at the store during business hours.
*Please note that a completed application is not an agreement to honour your request. Donations will not be given more than one time within a calendar year to the same charitable organization and a previous donation does not guarantee that a donation will be offered again. By accepting a donation you are giving us permission to publish your organization as a recipient of a donation. If approved, please forward a tax receipt in the amount of the gift card donated.
Garden Centre Hours
Mon to Sat -
Sun - 10am to 4pm
11862 Hwy. 15 North, R.R.#3, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4S4