Copyright: molka / 123RF Stock Photo
Garden fresh carrots and local maple syrup combine to make this easy and delicious kid friendly side dish that your family will love.
Fresh Garden to Table Recipe | Maple Glazed Carrots
1 1/2 pounds fresh from the garden carrots, peeled and sliced or baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter (up to 2 tbsp more should you please)
1/3 cup local maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon - freshly squeezed (to taste) drizzled on top just before you serve (optional)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Place carrots into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender.
- Drain and transfer carrots to a serving bowl.
- While the carrots are cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir maple syrup into melted butter and cook until warmed, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Once carrots are cooked, pour butter-maple syrup over carrots and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper (lemon & cranberries are optional and so good!)
- Garnish with fresh rosemary (optional).