Garden fresh carrots and local maple syrup combine to make this easy and delicious kid-friendly side dish that your family will love.
Fresh Garden-to-Table Recipe | Maple Glazed Carrots
1 1/2 pounds fresh from the garden carrots, peeled and sliced or baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter (up to 2 tbsp more should you please)
1/3 cup local maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon - freshly squeezed (to taste) drizzled on top just before you serve (optional)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Place carrots into a pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender.
- Drain and transfer carrots to a serving bowl.
- While the carrots are cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir maple syrup into melted butter and cook until warmed, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Once carrots are cooked, pour butter-maple syrup over carrots and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper (lemon & cranberries are optional and so good!)
- Garnish with fresh rosemary (optional).
Gemmell's Garden Centre Smiths Falls & Brockville - Your Ottawa Valley Garden Centre.
Proudly serving Stittsville, Kanata, Smiths Falls, Brockville, Kemptville, Manotick, Carleton Place, Perth, Merrickville, Cornwall, Richmond & everywhere in between.