Over the last few months we have spent a lot of time meeting and discussing our Winter Workshop Series. It hasn't been easy but we have rallied together and come up with a plan that we are all really excited about!
Have no fear! We will still be holding the same extensive line of winter workshops but in a new way.
This year has been a challenge in so many ways for all of us, from individuals to small businesses. Each of us have had to adjust and adapt at work and at home because of this pandemic. At Gemmell's, we feel strongly, that it is our responsibility to be part of the solution and not the problem. Therefore, we are excited to announce that you can now learn from the comfort and safety of your home with our newest online winter holiday workshops!
What does this mean for you?
It means that:
- You are no longer limited to a scheduled workshop time. You can do your workshop whenever & wherever you choose.
- You don't have to go on a waiting list because we can't accommodate more people. All workshop sign ups availabilities will be increased.
- You can do your workshop in the comfort and safety of your own space either on your own or have your own little workshop 'party' with people in your bubble (if it is allowed).
- Christmas decorating can & still will be a fun project!
How will it work?
- Purchase your workshop online (the store will be up and running soon).
- Your workshop package will be prepared for you, for pick up at both locations, with all the ingredients & supplies you need. Please note: Brockville pickups will be designated a specific day for pickups at our new location 885 Stewart Blvd.
- We will email a private YouTube link to the workshop video that you can view at a time that best suits you. We will cover all the questions you may have throughout the workshop. You will be able to pause the workshop along the way and watch it as many times as you need. This link will not be available to the public, only workshop sign ups.
- We will be available for any questions you have along the way. Just call or message!
- Once complete, please tag us on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #gemmellsgardenworkshop, we would love to see all of your beautiful pieces!
NEW for 2020
If you have done workshops before and have the wooden sleigh, window box, lantern, centrepiece container, or grapevine wreath, we will have a "supplies only" option on the workshop order page that will allow you to purchase just the supplies and the workshop needed to recreate your holiday piece.
Can you still come shop?
Of course! We decided that moving the workshops online will reduce the number of customers in our store at busy times. Our store will absolutely remain open for instore shopping. We will have the full line up of winter decor, greens, poinsettias, clothing and gifts that we always do . Premade evergreen urn inserts, bundles of greens, fresh wreaths & centrepieces all can be purchased in store or online right up until Christmas.
We hope you will join us on this fun new adventure and we will be available for any questions or help along the way!
We will keep you posted via social media and the newsletter when everything is up and running, we expect that the store should be set up with all the new arrivals for winter by the beginning of November.